Coastal Home & Condo

Buying a new year-round home or condo? Investing in a rental property? Searching for insurance for your new seasonal property?

If you are finding it tough to get insurance there’s no need to fret as we can provide you with insurance for your coastal property. If you are currently insured and have not searched for a policy in several years, now is the time to do it. Much has changed in the coastal insurance market and new options may be available to you. We have several insurers that can now offer you better coverage and improved pricing.

Our Coastal Home Insurance Carriers Specialize In Coastal Risks For:

  • River, Ocean, and Bay Catastrophe Risk Coverage
  • Primary and Secondary Home Coverage
  • Secondary Homes with rental income
  • Dwelling Coverage from $200,000 to $10,000,000
  • ID Theft and Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
  • Properties with a claim’s history acceptable
  • AM Best and Demotech Rated Carriers
  • Deeded to an LLC or Trust

Ask Diane Fox: NorthEast's Insurance Coastal Property Insurance Advisor

A: In many cases it is more affordable to purchase insurance now than it was in the past 10 years.

A: Yes, even if it’s right on the water.

A: Property Insurance is based on the cost to rebuild your home. The square footage, building materials, upgrades and other factors are used to calculate the cost. Insuring your home to the full value is very important.

A: Your home is covered if your home is flooded by a broken pipe within your home, but not for flood waters emanating from outside or under your home. Flood insurance is available as a separate policy.

A: Yes. We have several companies to write your flood insurance. Some will give you a discount towards your Homeowners Insurance if you purchase Flood Insurance as well.

A: Our carriers will look at your claim’s history over the past three (3) years. They understand the issues coastal homeowners have endured and will accept up to two claims subject to an underwriter’s review.

A: We work with both standard and non-standard companies (surplus) based on the risk you need to insure.

A: Yes, we can insure you if the property is rented year-round or for up to 20 weeks a year (seasonally).

A: A hurricane deductible is the out-of-pocket expense you will be responsible for in the event of a “named-storm” loss. The deductible is based on a flat rate or percentage of the dwelling coverage. If you have $500,000 of dwelling coverage and your deductible is 2%, you will be responsible for the first $10,000 of your loss. Some policies may also have a wind/hail deductible which works the same way. Some of our carriers do not have a hurricane deductible which is better for you when we do have a major named storm.

*All insurance offerings are subject to NJ underwriting guidelines.

Our experienced Coastal Property Agents can help you find a plan that fits your budget to keep you and your family safe.

Contact Us